General Assistance is available through the Marion County Public Health Department to families and individuals who meet income guidelines, who need assistance when they have the occasion that they are not able to meet their needs.
In order to apply for assistance and make a personal budget, please bring the following information:
- Government issued ID (ie: driver’s license)
- List and copy of each of your household monthly bills
- We will want to budget for all your monthly expenses: rent, gas, electric, phone, internet, TV/cable, car payments, insurance, water, trash, medical, etc.
For all household members:
- List of income amounts and sources
- Copy of last two pay stubs
- Copy of last month’s bank statement, checking and savings
- Amount of “cash on hand”
- Sources of public assistance
Print out and bring the General Assistance Application to your appointment. At your appointment, a care coordinator will meet with you to discuss your needs and solutions.
Emergency help with rent, utilities, food, eyeglasses, and cremation assistance are common items requested.
2023 Eligibility Rates for Marion County General Relief, 138% of Poverty.
Rationale: 138% of Poverty generally = eligible for Adult Medicaid.
|Household Size Annual||138% FPL Marion Eligible Annual||138% FPL Monthly|
For households with more than 8, add $7,094 annual.