WIC provides health education, nutrition education and breastfeeding support, as well as healthy foods and formula for your family. Contact us to find out more!
WIC is for:
- Pregnant women
- Non-breastfeeding moms (up to 6 months after delivery)
- Breastfeeding moms (up to 12 months after delivery
- Children under the age of 5
Feed Your Family Well
The WIC Program can help your family start strong and stay that way. We can give you information on how to keep your family healthy, and we will give you checks to buy healthy foods for free.
- Milk, eggs;
- Cereal, juice;
- Whole grain breads, rice, tortillas or oatmeal;
- Fresh or frozen fruits;
- Fresh or frozen vegetables;
- Peanut butter or beans; and
- Infant formula and baby foods.
Tools and Resources for Families
Wichealth.org is your resource for nutrition education online! It only takes a minute to create an account and you will only need your WIC family ID number. If you do not know your ID number you Local Agency can provide this number to you.
Need help creating an account? Check out this video to help walk you through the process:
Looking for meal ideas and recipes? Check these out:
Cultural Cuisine – recipes from around the world
SNAP Recipes – short list of ingredients and easy to make
WIC Formula Recalled
The FDA has warned consumers not to use certain powdered infant formula produced in Abbott Nutrition’s facility in Sturgis, Michigan. This includes Alimentum, Elecare, and other powdered Similac infant formulas. Below are links to the FDA site regarding this and information on how to determine affected products. Information has been added about this to the WIC Shopper App. We are contacting Abbott to gather more information and will share information as we know more.
WIC—Healthy Foods Make Healthy Kids!
Effective July 2021–June 2022
|Gross Annual Income||$23,828||$32,227||$40,626||$49,025||$57,424||$65,823||$74,222|
|Gross Monthly Income||$1,986||$2,686||$3,386||$4,086||$4,786||$5,486||$6,186|
|Gross Weekly Income||$459||$620||$782||$943||$1,105||$1,266||$1,428|
**For each additional family member, add: $8,399 for annual income, $700 for monthly income, or $162 for weekly income.
If you are on Medicaid (Title XIX) insurance, you automatically qualify for the WIC program!
If you would like to be contacted with more information, or to get signed up, fill out our contact form.
WIC CLINIC Schedule:
- Knoxville: every Wednesday @ 2003 N. Lincoln Street.
Hours: 8:30-5 on the 1st & 3rd Wednesdays, 8:30-6 on the 2ne & 4th Wednesdays
- Pella: 2nd Tuesday of the month @ the Pella Memorial Building on Broadway Street.
- Albia: 1st Thursday of the month @ Trinity United Methodist Church on Benton Avenue East.
- Corydon: 2nd Thursday of the month @ Corydon United Methodist Church on Jackson Street.
- Indianola: 1st & 3rd Mondays of the month @ First United Methodist Church on Ashland Avenue.
- Indianola: 1st & 3rd Tuesdays of the month @ First United Methodist Church on Ashland Avenue.
- Carlisle: 4th Tuesday of the month @ Missionary Baptist Church on Highway 5.
- Norwalk: 4th Monday of the month @ New Life Lutheran Church on Wakonda Avenue.
Apply for WIC today
Trinity Methodist Church
1117 Benton Ave E
Missionary Baptist Church
615 Hwy 5
United Methodist Congregation
213 W Jackson Street
First United Methodist Church
307 W Ashland
Marion Co. Public Health Dept.
2003 N Lincoln Street
New Life Lutheran
4380 Wakonda Drive
829 Broadway Street